Cypress’s employment group offers comprehensive guidance for both companies and employees to help them navigate the overwhelming web of employment laws and regulations on the federal, state, and local level. Our attorneys help employers develop and follow best practices to help them stay compliant and avoid litigation while keeping an eye on business realities. Our team counsels employers, employees, and independent contractors in disputes regarding wage and hour, harassment, discrimination, and wrongful termination.
The relationship between employer and employee is one of the central relationships in our lives. At Cypress, our goal is to understand our clients’ concerns, provide them with the options most beneficial to them, and effectively represent them to successfully resolve disputes.
Our areas of expertise:
- Wage and hour disputes
- Title VII, ADA, and FEHA discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Unlawful termination
- HR coaching and best practices
- Harassment and discrimination investigations
- Severance and exit package negotiation, strategy, and execution
- Independent contractor and exempt/nonexempt employee classifications
- Labor Commission hearings
- Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board hearings