Our team helps clients comprehensively manage their nonprofit and social enterprise operations, from implementing best structures for entity formation to providing ongoing strategic business support. We also help manage and administer private foundations, community foundations, social entrepreneurs, and individual philanthropists to ensure their organization’s financial health and mission success.
We are distinguished for our well-rounded scope of operational experience and practical business approach in the nonprofit and social enterprise sectors, which we thoughtfully leverage to help clients achieve their charitable goals. They also benefit from access to our network of best-in-class service professionals and alliance partners, including philanthropic advisors, investment strategists, regulatory lawyers, estate planners, accountants, and leadership consultants who collaborate to help their mission thrive.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Helping to implement the best structures for entity formation taking into consideration charitable goals, regulatory requirements, and tax benefits
- Counseling organizations on all aspects of tax exempt status and related legal issues including federal, state, and local tax
- Assisting organizations in maintaining active, effective, and informed boards of directors by providing governance best practices and documentation in the areas of operations, risk management, fiduciary duty, employment, and ethics
- Advising on all major issues involving HR (including payroll, staffing, and volunteers), intellectual property and licensing, real estate and facilities, and insurance
- Advising on state and federal compliance and provide ongoing compliance support including performing compliance reviews
- Helping clients navigate legal issues and tax treatment for activities involving lobbying and political contributions
- Managing mergers, asset transactions (including transactions with for profit partners), and/or dissolutions as they arise throughout the organization’s lifecycle